I’ve decided that the best way to preserve all of my old content was to create an archive subdomain, upload the backup files from my old site to the subdomain, and use .htaccess and mod_rewrite to 301 redirect old weblog requests to their new archive location.
The old content has been uploaded, the http://archive.darronschall.com subdomain is up and running, and all of the old incoming links to my old weblog should now be redirecting to their new home. Please be advised that some functions on the archive site do not work anymore (searching, commenting, etc.). However, if you’re still having troubling getting to any of my old content let me know and I’ll see what I can do to help.
In the meantime, here are links to some of my more popular (and now archived) entries:
- Creating Default, Cancelable Event Handlers (January 2008)
- Mate vs. Swiz (October 2009)
- Flash Camp Philadelphia 2009 FlexUnit 4 slides and examples (November 2009)
- Convert Generic Objects to Class Instances (October 2006)
- On [Transient], ObjectUtil.copy(), and Casting (August 2007)
- ‘No brain’ getters and setters (March 2005)
- FC64 4 teh win! (September 2006)
- Announcing FVNC, the Open Source VNC Client for Flash (August 2006)
Now that my old content lives on and incoming links have been preserved, I think it’s time I finally start writing about all of the new things I’ve been learning, working on, and involved with.